Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Kindergarten!!!

I don't know how it happened, but five years flew by and Savannah started kindergarten yesterday. I have shed a few tears over it (hard to believe I know). I'm sure I wouldn't have cried if I was current on my meds, but it feels good to feel sad about it. While I hope it's not the case, I realize it is possible she will be the only child I ever send to kindergarten. I am tearing up thinking about it now. Enough of that - I will focus on how excited Savannah is about school.

Last Thursday we attended the open house at her school. She got to meet her teacher (Mrs. Morales) and find her seat. She has three friends from preschool who are in her class and I have no doubt she will make a bunch more.

I made her favorite dinner on Sunday night - chicken crescents. She ate the leftovers with a rootbeer for breakfast at 8:30 and again for lunch a few hours later.

Here she is all ready to go. Jer took most of the day off work so he could be part of the milestone. We walked with her to the playground outside of her classroom, she gave us a love and lined up saying "hello kindergarten!"
She had a great day and even got a green card to prove it. (When she gets 10 green cards she can pick out a prize from the treasure box) Today when I dropped her off at school she didn't even want me to walk her to her room. She just shouted "love you more" and ran to play with her friends. It might have made me sad if I wasn't on crutches. I can't wait to hear all about her day and hope she never loses her enthusiasm for school.
 
I really can't believe how fast she has grown up. I wish I remembered more details from when she was little. Maybe we will watch old videos of her tonight while I try not to cry.
 
 

2 comments:

sherie said...

I can't believe she is old enough for school. She is going to be a perfect student and love school forever! Now you just need to take advantage of the couple hours a day that you have to yourself.

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. Reading this made me cry. I have those same thoughts every time I pass a milestone with Kaylee. Then I have those days when I say, bam - good thing I only have 1. Love you!!!